Voting for the Web.com Small Business of the Tour Award Now Underway
Source: Nasdaq GlobeNewswire / 28 Nov 2017 13:30:19 Europe/London
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Nov. 28, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Web.com (Nasdaq:WEB), the umbrella sponsor of the Web.com Tour and a leading provider of a full range of Internet services and online marketing solutions for small businesses, today announced that voting has begun to select the winner of the inaugural Web.com Small Business of the Tour Award. Launched this past spring, the program honored one small business from each U.S. Web.com Tour tournament location for its community involvement and partnership with its local tournament. Now their community, and anyone else from around the world, has an opportunity to vote for their favorite business.
From now through December 6, people can visit smallbiztour.web.com to watch videos of the 20 small businesses that were recognized in each 2017 Web.com Tour location and cast their vote. Each video features the business owner’s “pitch," which includes why they started their business, their community’s role in their business’ success and a challenge their business is facing that Web.com’s marketing people can help them solve. After casting a vote, voters can share who they selected on their personal social media channels.
The small business with the most votes will win $25,000 in Web.com online marketing products and services – which is about 10 times what the average small business owner spends on their annual media and marketing efforts, according to the advisory firm BIA/Kelsey’s Local Commerce Monitor.
“At Web.com we believe people in every profession have the potential to succeed, so long as they have the determination and are backed by the right tools and team,” says David L. Brown, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Web.com. “Just as the Web.com Tour helps golfers get to the next level, the people of Web.com provide the tools and counsel businesses need to reach their potential. We’re excited to share these amazing stories from small businesses across the country, and look forward to providing the winning business owner with the online marketing support they need to help build their brand, reach more customers and communicate better with the customers they have.”
People can visit smallbiztour.web.com and vote once per day for their favorite small business finalist. Voting concludes Wednesday, December 6 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The winner will be announced on Thursday, December 7 at the PGA Tour’s Annual Meeting in Boca Raton, Florida.
The 2017 Web.com Small Business of the Tournament finalists are:
- Russ & Alison Mercke, Express Printing, Broussard, Louisiana
- Kyle Brinker, Brinker’s Jewelers, Newburg, Indiana
- Jeff and Dorie Fann, Professional Party Rentals, Greenville, South Carolina
- Ryan Woodard, Joseph C. Woodard Printing Company, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Al Fattes, HankerPromo.com, Chicago
- Bill Maness, Syndeo, Wichita, Kansas
- Rick Serena, Frye-Williamson Press, Springfield, Illinois
- Corey Kennedy, Kennedy Portable Toilets, Nashville, Tennessee
- Jim Pullan Jr., Jamestown Mattress Co., Clymer, New York
- Jon Rhodes, Rhodes Physical Therapy, Farmington, Utah
- John Leiferman, Jill Davie & Pasha Ostby, TEAM Software, Omaha, Nebraska
- Jeff Auslander and Steve Flones, FloPath Automatic Logistics, Overland Park, Kansas
- Nick Dillard and Dane Rogers, GDC Kitchen, Hayward, California
- Bryan Magers, Bryan Properties, Springfield, Missouri
- Kevin Lusby, IMAGE Construction of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Shanda Imlay and Kaye Carlson, FUNdaMental Golf and Learning Center, Portland, Oregon
- Robb Dierken, Spacejunk, Columbus, Ohio
- Jesse Hill, EventRent, Boise, Idaho
- Jon Erisey, Power Media, Akron, Ohio
- Don Nicol, TacoLu, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Web.com Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:WEB) is a global provider of a full range of Internet services to small businesses to help them compete and succeed online. Web.com meets the needs of small businesses anywhere along their lifecycle with affordable, subscription-based solutions including domains, hosting, website design and management, search engine optimization, online marketing campaigns, local sales leads, social media, mobile products, eCommerce solutions and call center services. For more information, please visit www.web.com; follow the company on Twitter @webdotcom or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/web.com.