Latest commitment of traders positions (fx) as at September 18th 2018
Source: FxWire Pro - Commentary / 24 Sep 2018 06:43:25 America/New_York
CFTC commitment of traders report was released on Friday (21st September) and cover positions up to Tuesday (18th September). COT report is not a complete presenter of entire market positions since the future market is relatively smaller compared to the spot FX market. Nevertheless, it presents a crucial picture of how key participants are looking at future moves.
Market participants are net short in all currencies against the dollar except the Mexican peso and the euro.
Short positions decreased:
- The short positions in the Swiss franc declined for the fourth consecutive week, and by 16,912 contracts to -18.4K contracts.
Short positions increased:
- The short positions in the Australian dollar rose for the second consecutive week, and by 23,691 contracts to -68K contracts.
- The short positions in the Japanese yen rose for the 3rd time in 8 weeks and by 9,869 contracts to -63.7K contracts.
- The short positions in the Canadian dollar rose for a fourth consecutive week and by 3,169 contracts to -30.1K contracts.
- The short positions in the British pound sterling rose last week and by 18,079 contracts to -79.3K contracts.
- The short positions in the New Zealand dollar rose last week and by 9,342 contracts to -32K contracts.
Long positions increased:
- The long positions in the Mexican Peso rose for the second consecutive week and by 25,977 contracts to +40.5K contracts.
Long positions decreased:
© FxWire Pro 2018. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- The net long positions in the euro declined last week by 9,504 contracts to +1.7K contracts.