Latest commitment of traders positions (fx) as at July 9th 2019
Source: FxWire Pro - Commentary / 15 Jul 2019 05:16:15 America/New_York
CFTC commitment of traders report was released on Friday (12th July) and cover positions up to Tuesday (9th July). The COT report is not a complete presenter of entire market positions since the future market is relatively smaller compared to the Spot FX market. Nevertheless, it presents a crucial picture of how key participants are looking at future moves.
Market participants are net short in all currencies against the dollar except the Mexican peso and the Canadian dollar.
Short positions increased:
- The short positions in the British pound rose by 8,738 contracts to -73K contracts.
- The short positions in the Japanese yen rose by 2,424 contracts to -3.6K contracts.
- The short positions in the euro rose by 4,132 contracts to -35.9K contracts.
Long position decreased:
- The long positions in the Mexican Peso rose by 18,115 contracts to +126.4K contracts.
- Long positions in the Canadian dollar rose by 2,933 contracts to +9.2K contracts.
Short positions decreased:
© FxWire Pro 2020. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- The short positions in the New Zealand dollar declined by 1,827 contracts to -22.2K contracts.
- The short positions in the Australian dollar declined by 4,728 contracts to -54K contracts.
- The short positions in the Swiss franc declined by 314 contracts to -10.4K contracts