Latest commitment of traders positions (fx) as at July 23rd 2019
Source: FxWire Pro - Commentary / 29 Jul 2019 07:29:19 America/New_York
CFTC commitment of traders report was released on Friday (26th July) and cover positions up to Tuesday (23rd July). The COT report is not a complete presenter of entire market positions since the future market is relatively smaller compared to the Spot FX market. Nevertheless, it presents a crucial picture of how key participants are looking at future moves.
Market participants are net short in all currencies against the dollar except the Mexican peso and the Canadian dollar.
Short positions increased:
- The short positions in the British pound rose by 2,226 contracts to -78.6K contracts.
- The short positions in the Swiss franc rose by 1,461 contracts to -13.2K contracts.
- The short positions in the euro rose by 7,653 contracts to -39K contracts.
Long position decreased:
- The long positions in the Mexican Peso declined by 3,366 contracts to +124.8K contracts.
- Long positons in the Canadian dollar rose by 9,786 contracts to +30.8K contracts.
Short positions decreased:
© FxWire Pro 2020. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- The short positions in the New Zealand dollar declined by 5,094 contracts to -12.2K contracts.
- The short positions in the Australian dollar declined by 4,596 contracts to -48K contracts.
- The short positions in Japanese yen declined by 2,003 contracts to -9.4K contracts.