Latest commitment of traders positions (fx) as at July 16th 2019
Source: FxWire Pro - Commentary / 22 Jul 2019 05:51:55 America/New_York
CFTC commitment of traders report was released on Friday (19th July) and cover positions up to Tuesday (16th July). The COT report is not a complete presenter of entire market positions since the future market is relatively smaller compared to the Spot FX market. Nevertheless, it presents a crucial picture of how key participants are looking at future moves.
Market participants are net short in all currencies against the dollar except the Mexican peso and the Canadian dollar.
Short positions increased:
- The short positions in the British pound rose by 3,375 contracts to -76.4K contracts.
- The short positions in the Japanese yen rose by 7,729 contracts to -11.4K contracts.
- The short positions in the Swiss franc rose by 1,304 contracts to -11.7K contracts.
Long position decreased:
- The long positions in the Mexican Peso rose by 1,739 contracts to +128.1K contracts.
- Long positions in the Canadian dollar rose by 11,738 contracts to +21K contracts.
Short positions decreased:
© FxWire Pro 2020. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- The short positions in the New Zealand dollar declined by 4,886 contracts to -17.3K contracts.
- The short positions in the Australian dollar declined by 1,431 contracts to -52.6K contracts.
- The short positions in the euro declined by 4,514 contracts to -31.3K contracts.