Inphi Porrima PAM4 Platform Named Winner in 2019 Lightwave Innovation Reviews Program
Source: Nasdaq GlobeNewswire / 05 Mar 2019 08:05:10 America/New_York
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inphi Corporation (NYSE: IPHI), a leader in high-speed data movement interconnects, today announced that its 16nm 400Gbps Porrima™ Single-Lambda Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM4) platform was recognized as a winner in the 2019 Lightwave Innovation Reviews program in the Communications Semiconductors and Electrical ICs category. The company will be showcasing the platform at its booth #4013 at OFC 2019 in San Diego, March 4-7, 2019.
Inphi’s Porrima platform solution represents the industry’s first sampling platform that is based on multiple generations of field-proven PAM4 DSP technology, Linear TIA and Driver for up to 400G client optical modules. The Porrima PAM4 Platform is focused on 400GbE cloud networks and offers a fast time to market that spans EML, DML and Silicon Photonics based optical front ends for the upcoming 12.8T switch generation.
“The 4.5 score Inphi’s Porrima received was well earned,” said Stephen Hardy, editorial director of Lightwave and program manager of the Lightwave Innovation Reviews. “Our judges noted Porrima’s performance and the significance of enabling single-lambda 100G in their comments.”
“Inphi is elated to accept this award three years running for our PAM4 DSP platform innovation for wired network infrastructure, including hyperscale cloud data center, service provider and enterprise networks,” said Xi Wang, director of product marketing, Networking Interconnect at Inphi. “We are consistently redefining the possibilities of data centers and are proud that both Lightwave reviews and our customers agree that our 400G Porrima platform is the first complete 56GBaud platform solution that delivers unprecedented performance and power efficiency for the upcoming 12.8T switch generation.”
The Lightwave Innovation Reviews is in its fourth year of recognizing and celebrating the industry's most unique products and solutions that help optical communications professionals worldwide drive improvements and innovation in optical technology. Executives at Ciena, Intel, Lumentum, LightCounting Market Research, and Adva were among the third-party judges for the 2019 Innovation Reviews. Criteria used in the Innovation Reviews rankings include, first and foremost, unique technology or application thereof, innovation, ease of use, efficiency, reliability and contribution to profitability.
Key attributes and benefits of the 400Gbps Porrima PAM4 platform:
• Low power consumption for next generation module applications, enabling <10W DR4/FR4 optical modules per IEEE standards and MSA
• Enables DR1/FR1 optical modules for legacy 3.2/6.4T switches while offering an upgrade path for 12.8T switches
• Optimally designed DSP and TIA receive chain for power-performance trade-offs
• Enables customers to develop a 400Gbps optical interconnects in a compact form factor for applications with up to 10km
• The supporting IN563x Linear Driver and IN566x Linear TIA provide packaging flexibility for excellent linearity, high bandwidth, adjustable gain to optimize the PAM4 system performances and wide dynamic range to meet the different performance and link requirements for optical applications
• Implemented in small form factor and power efficiency on proven, high-volume 16nm process technology node, ensuring fastest time to production
Porrima 16nm Product Family:
Porrima PAM4 DSP IC provides a full bi-directional interface with host ASICs that have 28GBaud PAM4and NRZ electrical interfaces while bridging to 56GBaud optics. The product family can support PAM4 or NRZ signaling, and both Retiming and Gearbox functionality with packaging specifically designed for the following optics modules:
• Porrima 400G – 8x56Gbps PAM4 <-> 4x100Gbps PAM4 for QSFP-DD/oSFP/COBO
• Porrima 100G – 4x25Gbps NRZ <-> 1x100Gbps PAM4 for QSFP
• Porrima 100G- 2x50Gbps PAM4 <-> 1x100Gbps PAM4 for QSFP/uQSFP/SFP-DD
Additional Porrima technical features include:
• Fifth generation InphiNity™ DSP Engine with a unique mixed-mode DSP architecture for high performance, low power applications needing adaptability and configurability
• Numerous self-test and loopback modes that allow diagnostic monitoring of channel and system parameters
• Modular API software suite that covers link margin and stress testing along with data and error analytics
• Forward error correction (FEC) functionality for 100G and 400G optics are integrated
IN563x Linear Driver Product Family:
The IN5630DE/IN5634SE is a 56GBaud low power single/quad linear driver for PAM4 optical modules. Features include:
• Excellent linearity, high bandwidth, adjustable gain to optimize the PAM4 system performances
• Low-power modulator driver in small package or in bare die form
IN566x Linear TIA:
The IN5661TA/5664TA is a 56GBaud low power single/quad linear TIA for PAM4 optical modules. Features include:
• Wide dynamic range to meet the different performance and link requirements for optical applications
• Excellent signal integrity necessary for PAM4 modulation schemes
• Low-power and small form factor
For more than 30 years, Lightwave (www.lightwaveonline.com) has delivered trusted technical, application and business insights to senior-level decision makers for optical communications worldwide. Lightwave serves technology vendors, communications carriers and major enterprises with a complete and nuanced picture of the optical communications business environment. Lightwave is a valued information source for information related to FTTx, networking, equipment design, MSO optics, and test and measurement for corporate executives, department heads, project managers, network engineers and others making strategic decisions that are critical to the success of their businesses. Lightwave is a unit of PennWell Corporation.
Inphi Corporation is a leader in high-speed data movement interconnects. We move big data - fast, throughout the globe, between data centers, and inside data centers. Inphi's expertise in signal integrity results in reliable data delivery, at high speeds, over a variety of distances. As data volumes ramp exponentially due to video streaming, social media, cloud-based services, and wireless infrastructure, the need for speed has never been greater. That's where we come in. Customers rely on Inphi's solutions to develop and build out the Service Provider and Cloud infrastructures, and data centers of tomorrow. To learn more about Inphi, visit www.inphi.com.
Inphi, the Inphi logo and Think fast are registered trademarks of Inphi Corporation. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.