FxWirePro: Gold intraday trade
Source: FxWire Pro - Technicals / 17 Jul 2018 03:01:44 America/New_York
Overall trend - bearish
Intra day trend Bullish
- Gold is consolidating after huge selling of almost more than $30 in previous week. The main reason for fall is strong US dollar index and weak yen. The yellow metal has recovered after hitting low of $1237.43 and it has formed almost a double bottom. US retail sales for the month of Jun of came at 0.5% and revised for the month of May at 1.3% highest since 2017.US 2 year bond yields hits high of 2.61% ,highest level since Aug 2008 2.606%.
- The major three factors to be watched for gold price movement are
- US Dollar index – slightly weak (positive for gold)
- USDJPY- Slightly weak (Positive for gold)
- US 10 –year yield – 2.85% (-0.05% for the day (neutral for gold).
© FxWire Pro 2018. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- The pair is facing strong trend support at $1236 and any break below will take the yellow metal till $1230/$1217 (61.8% fib).
- The near term resistance is around $1245.80 (55-144 min EMA) and any convincing break above will take the yellow metal till $1250/$1258 (200- 144 min-MA)/$1266.
It is good to buy on dips around $1242-44 with SL around $1236 for the TP of $1258.