Latest commitment of traders positions (fx) as at February 13th 2018
Source: FxWire Pro - Commentary / 19 Feb 2018 03:22:57 Eastern Standard Time
CFTC commitment of traders report was released on Friday (16th February) and cover positions up to Tuesday (13th February). COT report is not a complete presenter of entire market positions since the future market is relatively smaller compared to Spot FX market. Nevertheless, it presents a crucial picture of how key participants are looking at future moves.
Market participants are net long in all currencies against the dollar except the Japanese yen, New Zealand dollar, and the Swiss franc.
Long positions increased:
- Long positions in the Mexican peso rose for a fifth consecutive week and by 3,923 contracts to +96.8K contracts.
Short positions decreased:
- Short positions in the Swiss franc declined for a second straight week and by 316 contracts that pushed the net position to -19.9K contracts.
Long positions decreased:
- The long positions in the euro declined for a second consecutive week and by 13,534 contracts to +127.3K contracts.
- The long positions in the British pound declined for a third consecutive week by 12,927 contracts to +14.9K contracts.
- The long positions in the New Zealand dollar declined for a second straight week and by 1,112 contracts to +2.2K contracts.
- The long positions in the Australian dollar declined last week by 4,667 contracts to +9.1K contracts.
- Long positions in the Canadian dollar declined last week and by 7,635 contracts to +32.5K contracts.
Short positions increased:
© FxWire Pro 2018. All rights reserved. The FxWire Pro content received through this service is the intellectual property of FxWire Pro or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by FxWire Pro is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of FxWire Pro, except for personal and non-commercial use. Neither FxWire Pro nor its third party suppliers shall be liable for any errors, omissions or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Short positions in the yen rose last week by 2,633 contracts that pushed the net positions to -115.5K contracts.